What We Offer
CWE provides methods and practices for managers and staff to improve how people connect with each other and with the work they do.
CWE services include:
- an effective response to workplace conflict
When there’s conflict: CWE is there to help you
An engagement approach:
- brings together those affected by conflict to find a way forward
- allows those affected by the conflict, not just management, determine a workable outcome
- helps participants come to a shared understanding
- provides a healthy option to destructive gossip and the avoidance of issues
- clarifies what needs to be addressed in the workplace culture to avoid similar conflicts
- nurtures accountability, respect and helps build trust
- helps avoid the need for disciplinary action
- gets employees back on track so work gets done and conflict isn’t undermining the workplaces bottom line
When conflict arises and people are hurt or harmed by inappropriate behaviour, relationships are broken and teams suffer disruption and disharmony. Organizations and services that only use the reactive without building the social capital beforehand are less successful at dealing with such conflict and broken relationships than those that also attend to the proactive elements of restorative practices. Les Davey, Director IIRP Europe
More than (ADR) Alternative Dispute Resolution
What does an Engagement Approach offer that processes like mediation or ADR do not? ADR generally focuses narrowly on a particular conflict and its resolution. An Engagement Approach has a wider focus: when dealing with conflict, it seeks creative ways to repair harm and allow everyone to find a positive way forward, building better relationships and healthier workplaces along the way.
When to use CWE’s services
Consider CWE’s services at any stage of your workplace’s life:
- Your business is getting started: create an engaged and productive workplace from the get go
- You’re hiring: encourage engagement from the time an employee begins to work for you
- You have to let employees go: provide respectful termination of employment so that management and employee maintain their dignity
- Things are going well: build on your workplace’s strengths maintaining an engaged and productive workplace
- Disengaged employees are costing your business time and money
- Your business is in transition: restructuring, closing down, post-merger, post-acquisition or you’re thinking about succession planning
- Your employees are in transition: post-layoff, post-transfer, returning from disability, maternity or sick leave
- You want to build an engagement approach into your management/labour grievance procedures
- Your workplace is affected by conflict: repair harm and rebuild relationships
What about our existing workplace structures?
Restorative approaches can be used within existing discipline and grievance systems. Restorative approaches build on what’s already going well in the workplace.
Our involvement with you includes:
- A clear situational analysis
- A practical action plan
- Carrying forward the action plan
We will always present clear costs and deliverables. There will be no surprises.
Each workplace is different.
CWE will work with you to develop a restorative approach that meets your workplace’s particular needs.
Call us for an estimate. You will find our rates are reasonable.
You will be investing in your company’s bottom line.