CWE and the CSA Standard
CWE can help you meet the CSA standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace.
CWE is set up to help you meet the three pillars of the CSA’s Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace:
- prevention of harm
- promotion of health
- resolution of incidents and concerns
- 70% of Canadian employees report some degree of concern with psychological health and safety in their workplace.
- 14% of employees disagreed that their workplace was psychologically healthy and safe. 30% report levels of concern that warrant serious attention.
- Over 50% of employees reported experiencing frustration, exhaustion or irritation sometimes or often in the previous month. About a quarter reported experiencing anxiety, helplessness or depression.
- Over 25% report feelings that no matter what they did, it would never be enough to please their manager/employer.
- 46% believe that economic uncertainty has had a negative impact on their workplace and 22% worried about losing their job.
- 60% of managers/supervisors say dealing with conflict is one of the most stressful parts of their job.